This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC bent arm chin hang

Started by James Kerslake, September 23, 2016 · 8 Replies · 588 Views

James Kerslake

Just checked the video for this progression, it has changed from 5x60s to 5x30s. Did the coaching team decide that 60s was too difficult and the appropriate time was 30s for this progression?

 

I was originally going to post that I can't progress to 5x60s, I got to 60,60,60,60,50 but since then I've been regressing and today only managed 60,60,45,40,30. But if it's changed to 5x30s then I can progress now.

 

What is the situation with this progression?

Alessandro Mainente

The progression it is now moved to 5x30''. if you can master it, then move on.

Coach Sommer

Hi James, 

5x60s proved to be an unreasonably high expectation for the majority of adult beginners despite their best effort over a period of months.  Hence the programming was adapted to 5x30s to reflect this.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Radoslav Dobrík
8 hours ago, Coach Sommer said:

Hi James, 

5x60s proved to be an unreasonably high expectation for the majority of adult beginners despite their best effort over a period of months.  Hence the programming was adapted to 5x30s to reflect this.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach, can you do a downscale like that also for HBP/PE2 and FL/PE1-6? Thank you.

 

PS - just kidding, I´ll suck it up ;-)

Jon Douglas
13 hours ago, Radoslav Dobrík said:

Coach, can you do a downscale like that also for HBP/PE2 and FL/PE1-6? Thank you.

 

PS - just kidding, I´ll suck it up ;-)

Heh heh heh. You wish :P

No joints in the abs!

 

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

For future references and for anyone that does not already know... Granted it is not required anymore. Working up to  5 x 60 second is highly advantageous for later in the foundation program.

 

Michail Michailidis
5 hours ago, Rayne-William Fitzgerald said:

For future references and for anyone that does not already know... Granted it is not required anymore. Working up to  5 x 60 second is highly advantageous for later in the foundation program.

 

For which later progressions you think is mostly advantageous? Are you talking about the latest progressions of the RC in F4?

Rayne-William Fitzgerald
8 hours ago, Michail Michailidis said:

For which later progressions you think is mostly advantageous? Are you talking about the latest progressions of the RC in F4?

Generally speaking? All of them that come after it. Especially the ones where you are hanging from a bar or rings.

The more tendon strength you develop now, adds to the overall amount of physical strength your body has to use for a task.

Personally speaking on "Bad weather" days. Granted I am hanging from a tiny little, half of a centimeter wide, ledge. I still work on bent arm chin hangs. While hanging from my little ledge I am up to 5 sets of 45 seconds.

Ryan Libke

I don't know if this was a function of body weight to strength, or what, like my bar was too fat (or I was too fat) but I will say I endeavored to get 5x60 since very nearly the time Foundations came out.  I would yell, curse, bribe neighbors, whatever it would take to stay up.  Never skipped the element in workouts; I stayed true.  I had sticking points on other elements and was able to get through with diligence.  Basically, I got stuck at 5X36.  I can hold a minute, and still do each upper body workout.  I am quite glad at the change and think that the work I did got me the tendon strength needed to go on.