This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Weekly Structure

Started by Martin Silk, September 23, 2016 · 5 Replies · 333 Views

Martin Silk

Hi There,

I am a relatively new GST convert after listening to Tim's podcast. I bought the  Fundamentals program and completed it and have bought the Foundation 1 program. I am a little confused as to how to structure my week now with the change. Should I try and complete each exercise I the F1 program, ie Front Leve, Straddle Planch through to Rope Climbs each week? I feel a little bit structure-less since the website change and I want to plan my weeks exercise.

I am enjoying GST, and bought the Fron Split stretch program as well and am doing that once a week with good effect. I measured my distance from touching my toes  at the start, it was 36cm, this week after only 4 weeks of stretching I am at 21cm, so I am determined to touch the floor, I hope around Xmas time, but in reality I dont' care when as long as I am improving.

 But I would appreciate some advice around how to structure my week around F1 exercises.

Rgds

Martin

Everett Carroll

Hi Martin,

As long as you are completing each workout once per week, you are all good. Here is the note from Coach Sommer: https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/note-from-coach/

Stick to this and the stretching and you will be good to go. 

Scott Stern

Thanks Everette for the input.

I am also very confused about the scheduling/workouts.

On the foundation page, there are workouts that are categorized as, core, upperbody, lowerbody, handstand, etc.  But then if you go to this link https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/#series/foundation, the workouts are categorized by front lever, side lever, straddle planche etc.  The workouts do not overlap, should I stick to what is found on https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/#series/foundation?

Also, how many weeks should foundation 1 being done for, I understand its on a case by case basis, so I am guessing you can move to F2 when you can complete all exercises with perfect form?

 

Thanks

Everett Carroll

Hi Scott,

Stick to the workouts as they are scheduled in your dashboard. Those combinations are just fine and will keep everything organized for you as far as progressing and recording workouts.

You should move to Foundation Two when you pass step 9 of any one of the movements in Foundation One. For example, if you complete step 9 for PE6 of Front Lever, then you will want to move to PE7 which is the first progression in F2. 

Andrew Skotzko

Hi Everett, 

Thanks for your answers to this, I was having similar questions. 

I did the upper/core workouts on Sunday night and they had checkboxes, and now they don't. I'm just getting started so they were too easy. 

Follow up question: should I be doing all 3 workouts as a block, 3x/week? e.g. do all of core/upper/lower on MWF. Or are you saying it's good enough to do core one day, upper another, and lower another. 

Think I'm confused because each workout (at least at starting point I'm at) had very few exercises and could be done in 10-15 minutes, where I was expecting ~45 mins based on what I'd read in forums.

Everett Carroll

The workouts update on Monday so that is why the check marks went away. If you have issues with checkmarks disappearing midweek, please put in a support ticket. 

As for weekly volume, you can certainly do more than each workout once per week. There is no requirement and optimal schedules differ from person to person. What I recommended was just a good starting point; feel free to add more volume.