This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

For those that gained significant ankle ROM...

Started by Patrick Rentz, September 23, 2016 · 1 Replies · 173 Views

Patrick Rentz

Mine has been getting better with consistent once a week FS, but was just curious if you guys worked hard on these more than one day a week. Would picking out a few of the exercises from FS (the seizas, kneeling achilles, maybe the iM from deck squats [twisting skiers], maybe one leg skiers [which I think may be an element later on in SLS] - really any BW or weighted mobility that puts pressure on the achilles) and doing these multiple times a week aid in progress? I'm patient, but just wondering what everyone's experience has been going from immobile to ass to grass squat. My hips aren't really an issue, they're fine for a bodyweight squat, it's the calves/ankles/tibialis I believe.

I've been barbell squatting for a few years and continue to do so in order to aid F1 with some lower body strength, so I want to do my best to get this mobility for fear that maybe I'm compensating elsewhere in my squats and developing some issues (lower back, adductors, etc...). Thanks all!

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Patrick not in your case, if once a week gives consistent gain there are no reasons to do more.