This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Structuring my week (after the dashboard change)

Started by Sean Mulhern, September 22, 2016 · 9 Replies · 547 Views

Sean Mulhern

Hey everyone,

With the dashboard and scheduler change, I'd love to know how you all would recommend I structure my week.

I'm JUST starting to implement the GB program, and I love the new design, but I have all these components and I'm not sure where to fit them in.

The components I have available are: Core, Lower Body, Upper Body, Stretch - Middle Split, Stretch - Front Split, Stretch - Thoratic Bridge.

I'd love to fit these into a 3-4 day workout schedule.

Here are my initial thoughts, and I'd love your input:

3 Days/Week:
Day 1) Core, Stretch - Thoratic Bridge
Day 2) Upper Body, Stretch - Front Split
Day 3) Lower Body, Stretch - Middle Split

 

Structuring 4 or 5 day work weeks would be a bit more complicated if I want to fit everything in each week.

What would be your recommendations?

gymbodies.png

Tanya Hill

Hi Sean, 

Welcome! You definitely have a good game plan going, your choice of pairing is great. If you are feeling like doing a fourth day you can always go back in and repeat day 1, 2 or 3. 

Day 1) Core, Stretch - Thoracic Bride 

Day 2) Upper Body, Stretch - Front Splits 

Day 3) Lower Body, Stretch - Middle Splits 

Roberto Taboada

Hello,

I did all Foundations 1 elements on Monday and marked several as "Easy" so the program should advance to the next progression on those. Today I was planning to work out again but it seems that all sets and reps are still at the initial levels. My understanding is that I could do my workout 2x per week and that the program would still advance me where appropriate (For example, move me from the assisted squat to something more challenging). Do I need to wait until the following week to see the progression in the follow-along videos?

Alessandro Mainente

yes Roberto.

Roberto Taboada

OK, so I need to wait until next week. Is it a week from the day of the last workout? I really want to do the workout again today, but I don't want that to push the progression farther out (i.e. unlock the next level a week from today). What happens if I do a follow along again today? When will it bump me to the next progression?

I like the new interface and follow-alongs, but I find this aspect of it a bit confusing. I wish it would tell me exactly when I could come back and see the next level.

Coach Sommer

Hi Roberto,

The new week's workouts come out each Monday.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Elliott Felson

I have a similar question as Sean above but I am also signed up for HS1. How often are we expected to practice HS in addition to all the other components? If I do the schedule as above and include HS1 should I just do that on the 4th day, practiced once a week?

Alessandro Mainente

You can do on the 4th day of course, but as a skill training on the first PE's I suggest to do it twice a week.

Lee Brown

Perhaps consider combining lower body with either core or upper on one of your main days -- it takes 10 minutes if that when you start F1 -- freeing up the third day for handstands. So you could do core + legs one day, then handstands, then upper body another day, ideally with another handstand day after it. Works great for me. 

Alessandro Mainente

You can consider this variation. Listen to your body and it will tell you if you are doing a good change.