This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Should I MASTER the Fundamentals before going to F1?

Started by Riccardo Zanello, September 22, 2016 · 5 Replies · 345 Views

Riccardo Zanello

Hello,

As explainded Fundamentals are meant to highlight mobility deficits, so that one can work on overcoming them.

Does this mean one should totally correct these mobility deficits before passing to F1?

1)In doing so, wouldn't years be needed to fully achieve the full ROM in many of the fundamentals exercises?

2)If the point is to master the exercises before going to F1, what is the Fundamentals schedule I should use?

If instead Fundamentals are purely a diagnostic method, and then once goes nonetheless to F1, what is even the point of Fundamentals?

 

Hope I made myself clear

 

Thank you

 

Riccardo

Cory Fair

Hi Riccardo,

You don't need to master Fundamentals before moving on. Foundation One will address a number of mobility deficits.

Riccardo Zanello

Ok,

Thank you

 

R

Alessandro Mainente

Definitely, fundamentals it is a "discovery limitations course" so that you can address them specifically using F1 and more specific stretch course.

Sandra Gomez Schuett

Hi,

my name is Karsten and I´ve got the Fundamentals from my wife for my birthday. I am excited how good this program adresses my deficits!

I just finished the week 4 and still feel a lot of deficits. My idea would be to take the review daily workout of every block as minimum daily routine and do every day at least one block review until I feel comfortable and easy going with every single exercise. In the podcast with Tim Ferris, Coach Sommer said that it could take up to 6 month before one gains the necessary mobility to go further. Is that a good approach before jumping to the next level? I would estimate, that it´ll take 6 to 8 more weeks before I will feel good enough to change (since I have issues with both my shoulders, which really are adressed perfectly with this program)

Well and another question is:"Do you have partners in Germany?"

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Sandra,

After completing the month of Fundamentals lessons, it is recommended you immediately begin Foundation One, stretch, and any other beginner courses you choose. At the end of Fundamentals, you are left with the tools needed to proceed into more structured training. With that said, it is a great idea to cycle through the Fundamentals lessons as a warmup or cooldown before beginning your other workouts.