This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question on incline rows

Started by Jeff Donahue, September 22, 2016 · 2 Replies · 223 Views

Jeff Donahue

I have a question on incline rows.  When I watch the technique video the bottom of the rings is at shoulder height, but when I watch the follow along video the rings are much lower.  Where should they be?  I understand that the lower the rings, the harder the exercise but is there a height they should be at for Master for this particular Step?

Thanks

Jeff

Jan Dochnal

It has been answered already in another thread. Shoulder height is OK.

William Marler

Watch where the athletes put their feet. When you have the rings higher up, you step forward past the rings to do the work; when the rings are lower down, you step backwards from them.

I'm coming around to the opinion that when there are inconsistencies in what's being taught, they exist because "this is a point that doesn't matter." It's hard, as a beginner, to understand what points are ones we need to focus on, and which ones we can ignore. For incline rows, I think the really important things are 1) keeping a rigid body line throughout the entire ROM, and 2) being in tension at the top of the ROM. This is what is focused on in the Technical Tips videos.