Foundation Training while travelling?

Started by Ruzica Dimova, September 22, 2016 · 5 Replies · 2,708 Views

Ruzica Dimova

Dear all, I just started last week with the fundamentals. In 5 weeks I will travel for 6 months and I was wondering if I could do the Foundation Course during travel. I saw that some equipment is used and that probably I have to go to a gym. I was wondering if anyone has experience and if it would be possible doing the Fundation course while traveling? thanks! 

Tanya Hill

Hi Ruzica, 

That is the beauty of body weight training, limited equipment is needed.

For the Foundation One course you will need floor space, a light dumbbell and a set of rings. Rings are used for the rope climb progressions. 

 

Guest

yes, but sometimes even that is easier said than done. the hotel i stay at weekly for work does not have a gym to speak of (it's just a room with cardio equipment and a couple of benches. the lightest dumbbell is 15 lbs).

so 1) where do you hang the rings if you have to work out in your room, and 2) are you suggesting we travel a dumbbell if 15 lbs isn't light enough?

thanks for your help!

Everett Carroll

Setting up rings while traveling may be difficult but you may be able to set some up on a stairwell. Just do what you can while you are away. When you aren't traveling, do the movements you missed out on.

Jeremy Dawes

I use a telescopic doorway pull up bar, then hand the rings from there. You can easily set up and dismantle the whole thing.

Tanya Hill

I have always packed my rings and found a sturdy tree branch, or a solid pole, the possibilities are endless. ;)