This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE5 -- Required ROM for mastery of iM?

Started by Niko Mailand, September 22, 2016 · 6 Replies · 126 Views

Niko Mailand

Hello,

The iM portion of the HS/PE5 exercise shows a video of a person being able to start with a weighted bar in overgrip in front of the body, and then performing a shoulder dislocate over his head, full circle, ending up at his glutes, almost 360 degrees. Needless to say that this degree of ROM is not available for me at present, but I'm working on it.

My question is:

How many degrees of dislocate, what weight on the bar and what distance between the hands holding the bar is required at minimum in order to progress to PE6?

Help much appreciated.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Niko please use the search function since this question was answered hundred time.

Btw:

-full range of motion it is necessary to move on, without compensation

-at minimum 2.5-3 kg

-shoulders stance plus one hand on each side.

Niko Mailand

Thank you Alessandro,

I've searched for H1/PE5, but I didn't get any results. What is a good term I should have searched for?

It might be a good idea to introduce something that many people have asked for:

That each exercise gets its own forum category, so that you have to answer each question only one time, instead of hundreds. Then you could go to the HS/PE5 category and in the pinned posts it would say: minimum requirements, etc.

Thank you anyway.

Niko Mailand

I just typed in HS/PE5 in the search bar (all content) and it found zero results.

I then redid the search for "topics", again zero results.

This is strange. It should at least have found this post.

Is this a known issue?

Martin Jones

Try 'dislocate'.

Briac Roquet

Remove the slash (HSPE5 or HS PE5, not HS/PE5).

Eva Pelegrin

Niko, 

Never search by the abreviation (HS/PE5) as the search function cannot recognize such short descriptor. Instead use the name of the element (standing overgrip dislocate) or a phrase, and lots of posts will show up.