This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Running straddle man variation on hands and knees (spl/pe2)

Started by Marina Spivak, September 22, 2016 · 2 Replies · 101 Views

Marina Spivak

Hi folks,

just got to the progression containing the running straddle man exercise.  Not having a suitable piece of furniture nearby, I did the leg movements while standing on hands and knees on the floor.  The leg motion is the same, and I could feel the muscles working.  

Could anybody explain how doing in on top of a horse/furniture is different or more beneficial?  Standing on hands/knees probably requires more care/work to keep the body aligned/fixed during the movement.  Any other difference?

Thanks, M

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Marina , try to find something. be supported by something else especially the upper body it is necessary to engage the lumbar spine for stabilization while the butt muscles are used for hips extension. note that if you look over SLS progression you will notice that some quadrupedal hips extension are covered in this progression.

Samin Ishtiaq

Hi Marina, I used an old dining table.