Home Gym QUestion

Started by Christopher List, September 21, 2016 · 2 Replies · 1,725 Views

Christopher List

Does anyone have an good resources on Rings for the home?  I'm having trouble finding local gym in my area so I want to rig something up in my garage.  Suggestions for products and installation methods would be really helpful!

Judith Newton

Hi Christopher -

Rings are fun ! :-)  Get wooden ones (not plastic) - there are plenty of nice ones to choose from for around $30-35 (i got a set from Titan Fitness).

Many people, including myself (for now), just loop them over a pull-up bar..  you can also install supports in the studs: eye-bolts or put in a strong metal pipe that is parallel to the ceiling and an inch or two away.

I bet more experienced people can offer more ideas..

cheers !

Martin Jones

I use a doorway pullup bar to hang my rings from, just as an idea for you to consider.