rings and chalk

Started by kmerc609, December 28, 2009 · 6 Replies · 6,034 Views

kmerc609

could you use flour in place of chalk? is the reason you get a grip from chalk because it keeps your hands dry or because it actually helps grip the rings?

Gregor

Keeps your hands completly dry and with alot of chalk on a rings together with on hands is grip way better.

Coach Sommer
kmerc609 said:
could you use flour in place of chalk?

Do not use flour. This would have results similar to attempting to work with olive oil on your hands.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

kmerc609

Thank you. I had to ask before I tried.

Wangtang6911
kmerc609 said:
could you use flour in place of chalk? is the reason you get a grip from chalk because it keeps your hands dry or because it actually helps grip the rings?

Hey, if you do decide to use flour instead of chalk, please set up a camera and tape it!!

Actually, it probably won't be as funny as I am imagining since you probably won't be doing any kind of actual swinging hehe.

Rampage

How about using gloves? I bought some baseball batting gloves that have a really good grip, the palm has some kind of rubber web.

I was going to buy some football receiver gloves initially, but they didn't have any at the store, and so I got those just to have some in the mean time.

I got gloves for all the handstand work so I don't get dirty and all that, and probably for the PB too, and I also got them for the rigs because they were getting my hands and fingers black and also because they were getting bruised(is this how you say this?).

Razz

Gloves imo is shite.. for my XR I bought the tape that tennisplayers put around their rackets for a better grip and it works wonders so far, may not be that durable though. I wanted Athletic tape but couldn't find it so took the tennis tape.