This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Scheduling of the course

Started by Samari Bonilla, September 21, 2016 · 6 Replies · 243 Views

Samari Bonilla

Hi guys, I'm a newbie here. Could someone explain how the plan is supposed to be set up? I am working on my HS everyday so are the exercises set for this week only or can i set it up so i can choose where i begin? 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Samari,

personally if you are a beginner you have to train H1 2-3 times a week no more for now.

from the course page choose H1, then you have to perform the wrists work. then click on freestanding handstand.

then you have to do only the first couple exercises (tripod plus its mobility) until you can show the mastery of this one, then move to headstand and so on. 

Samari Bonilla

Okay. So it is more on my own pace kind of thing. I decide when I move on and what not? 

Tanya Hill

You have the freedom to train at your own pace. I agree with Alessandro on working your H1 2-3 times a week for the best results. 

Samari Bonilla

Ok. Thanks! 

Kelley Blosser

I too am new to this programming. I want to be sure I fully understand what is expected of me and am not just falling victim to horrible UX on this new interface. This is my understanding: For H1 I just do whatever I want and progress however I want (obviously within my abilities and as I improve). There are no smiley faces or anything that I have to click on as explained in the "tutorial"?

If that is true, then that brings me to my next concern: How am I, someone with no gymnastic background (who listened to Tim Ferriss' podcast, read the very vague course description and chose to pay $100 for this), supposed to know how to program a workout for myself? Do I have to be able to do wrist pushups before I can do the fingertip pushup before I can do handstand work? I feel like the answer to the questions "How do I start?" and "How do I make sure I'm properly progressing?" should be written down somewhere (and if they are, maybe not buried in this confusing interface). Someone, please be my guru and guide so I can stop being angry and start working out. Thanks!

Cory Fair

Hi Kelly,

You do have specific workouts already set up for you. Click "Handstand" under the "My available workouts" on your homepage. The entire workout and the smileys to indicate your progress are all there in the correct order and with specific sets and reps. As long as you click the emoticon to tell how you did, the course will advance you automatically each week. The workout can be done once or multiple times per week, depending on the training time you have available.