I have noticed that a number of the exercises and mobility work upcoming in the foundation program requires stall bars. I don't have any and my local gym has nothing similar. Does anyone have any recommendations for a substitute as I can't quite work out what would give me the same level of adjustment.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Stall Bar Substitute
Started by Martin Jones, September 20, 2016 · 9 Replies · 396 Views
Hi, Martin! I think the substitute really depends on the exercise, but people often use smith machines and box jumps to help.
When you have your first stalk bar exercise, let us know and we'll help!
Hi Martin,
Some people go to a local playground and use a ladder on the playground equipment as a substitute for stall bars.
Hi Martin,
Nothing in F1 requires stall bars.
If you have access to them great, if not then use whatever is handy as a substitute: smith machine, squat rack, upright pole etc.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm sure it will be easier to work out what is best to use once I get to that stage but the playground suggestion is genius! I have one reasonably close to home so I will bully some kids off the ladder!
I'm not at the point where i'd need stall bars or substitutes, and i train at home so this may not help, but 2 or more door way pull up bars set at the required height may help those who train at home.
If you decide to do the stretch course too you will need stall bars or substitute also. I found that out half way through a video I was following ![]()
Good point Marcus. I aim to purchase one of the stretch courses around Xmas time. So, I shall probably have to prepare my stall bar-ish substitute in advance.
You wont need any stall bar equipment for the MS series.
You can also work on FS series and in TB series just a few will require a little of imagination but there is not and absolute neccesity for stall bars.