This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Difficulty progressing with rMU/PE7 - Negative Muscle Up

Started by Parkerson Seward, September 20, 2016 · 3 Replies · 145 Views

Parkerson Seward

I've been stuck on the negative muscle up for MONTHS. I went back and did a mini cycle of rMU/PE6, which is the assisted negative, and I have also done a ton of mini cycles in PE7. But I can't seem to get any further than 5x3r. After the deload week when I try to move to 4x4r, I just can't do it, yet I'm to the point where 5x3r feels fine. So I'll do a mini cycle, but the same thing keeps happening. 

Any tips?

Alessandro Mainente

Can you post a form check please?

Parkerson Seward

Here's a gif of one of the reps. Now that I'm watching it on video, it looks like I'm dropping down faster than I thought. When I'm up on the rings it feels like a nice, slow descent, but I guess it's not as slow as I imagined. Maybe go back to assisted negatives? I don't know, I'll see what you think.

Link:

gfycat.com/CheerfulGrossKentrosaurus

Alessandro Mainente

I would like to see the first specific element for the false grip: the false grip hang, at least 60''.