Hi guys,
I need help / guidance / support or anything I can get
.
First some background on how it started: I was doing cross-fit type training and doing great on squats, kb swings and deadlifts. Nevertheless, I went too far too fast and injured my neck. That same weekend listened to coach w Tim Ferris and decided to switch to GST training. I also decided to get a stand-up desk for the office.
After several days with the stand-up desk I began to develop stiffness and pain in my legs. This was 3 months ago and since then, that pain ebbs and flows but doesn't seem to want to away. The pain is felt on both sides of the knee as well as behind it. It was then that I started getting clicking on my knees as the patellar tendon goes "off track" a bit. On bad days, the muscles on the legs stiffen up and I also feel pain in my ankles and at the top of the hamstring (close to my buttocks) when stretching it.
Since the pain began I stopped any "high-impact" exercise on my knees and only practiced the F1 regimen. I do the daily limber in the morning and the evening and foam roll my quads, hamstrings, IT band as well. Moreover, on weeks when pain is strong I dont do the deck squats / skiers in order to avoid aggravation. I even added the front stretch series to see if it would help, but found that it often aggravates my pain the day after and can take several days for the pain to dissipate.
Some weeks ago I went to see a PT who evaluated me and said that I just needed rest and constant stretching and to add leg stability exercises when the pain subsided. Nevertheless, Ive already been through three iterations where I dont do anything for a week or so, go back to doing SLS and front leg stretch only for the pain to flare back up a few weeks later. This makes it impossible to keep on track with the SLS series and the front leg stretch series which I have read have helped others in the forum.
Any thoughts, guidance or advice would be tremendously appreciated!
Thanks in advance