This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question About Following Videos

Started by Mark Carter, September 20, 2016 · 4 Replies · 257 Views

Mark Carter

I've been reading all the comments on the new format.  My question is this:  If I start the video for an element, but then stop it, say, after watching one set, will that mess up the future scheduling?  I did that today for my workout, and then input the appropriate smiley face after finishing.  I read somewhere that reps/sets are being tracked on the back end, and I understood that to be linked somehow to the videos.  Does that mean it only tracked one set for me?  Does that mean future generated workouts will be influenced by that?

I like the concept of the follow along video (very useful for stretch series), but I don't use it for three reasons:  First, I'm on my iPhone in a gym.  Depending on what I'm doing sometimes it just wouldn't make sense to place the iPhone somewhere I may or may not be able to see it well; second, I don't want to distract others in the gym (that would be rude); and third, watching videos for 20-40 minutes a day will burn through my data plan in no time! 

Thanks!

Mark

Coach Sommer

Hi Mark,

- You would be defeating the primary purpose of the follow along videos which is building accountability for along with all assigned reps and sets.

- Use the gym wifi and avoid the data usage.

- Use bluetooth earphones for privacy.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Mark Carter
1 hour ago, Coach Sommer said:

Hi Mark,

- You would be defeating the primary purpose of the follow along videos which is building accountability for along with all assigned reps and sets.

- Use the gym wifi and avoid the data usage.

- Use bluetooth earphones for privacy.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I was reading your comments on another string and understand that each video is for that specific workout?  So if I'm doing 4X12 with mobility, that workout video is exactly that?  And if I'm doing 4X15 with mobility, that video is exactly that?  If so, that's pretty damn cool (and I know a *lot* of work went into that)!!  I guess I treated the video this morning like I used to the sample videos in the previous version:  Look at it to remind myself of the form/tempo/movement, turn it off, then go do it. 

I think this makes the system way more easier to use for newbies.  I know I really like it for the stretch series.  I would have loved this in the beginning when I was learning the terminology.  Not sure if this changes for F2.  I'm striking distance from F2, so I'll find out then!

Ryan Reynolds

They are exactly that, a follow along that does the reps and sets that you are working on.  I think a lot of people just got their ass kicked by coaches this morning.  I know trying to keep up with Orench on pushups smashed me. 

I did upper body and lower body today and it took 35 min including warm up.  Crazy fast.

Neil Evans
6 hours ago, Coach Sommer said:

Hi Mark,

- You would be defeating the primary purpose of the follow along videos which is building accountability for along with all assigned reps and sets.

- Use the gym wifi and avoid the data usage.

- Use bluetooth earphones for privacy.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I'm new here with GB. I have worked out consistently over the years. I like the concept of following the videos. Have follow with some before the changover. Due to my lifestyle for the last twenty years of traveling, living on the road most of the time I've never had 100% consistent Wi-if access. Have never had a gym offer it to me. It's never avalable in the parks where I often work out. In all practicality I'll never be able to consistently follow the videos for every workout. I'll do it when I can, but reality is that it won't be every time. 

Hope that this technical issue won't be a hinderance to my workout consistency. 

Reality is I won't let it be a hinderence, but will do whatever I need to do to be consistent and to progress even if it means gaming the system. 

Would anyone find fault with this approach?