This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Lower Body- no more deck squats?

Started by Justin Kaplan, September 20, 2016 · 8 Replies · 329 Views

Justin Kaplan

My deck squats are no longer programmed and 2 new movements appeared, is this correct?

Coach Sommer
39 minutes ago, Justin Kaplan said:

My deck squats are no longer programmed and 2 new movements appeared, is this correct?

Yes.

Deck squats are now SLS PE5

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Prasan Samtani

I was on the shrimp squat progression. I've only purchased F1, am I effectively forced to buy F2 to continue the program? I believe there was one additional progression in F1 after shrimp squats, and this does feel like I'm losing access to a progression that I'd already paid for.

Bill Kiick

 

Speaking of deck squats,  I've been doing 5 sets of 15 but using pads ,its been a long haul to remove just 1 pad. I'm pretty sure its because of my flexibility. My question is should i keep working on the deck squats or should I be doing other exercises to help my mobility or both ?

Cole Dano

What you are describing is exactly one of the new elements - elevated deck squats. That said, you should roll all the way back to assisted squats and work your way through.

Martin Cortez
6 hours ago, Coach Sommer said:

Yes.

Deck squats are now SLS PE5

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I am making progress on deck squats. Is there a way to pick up where I left off? Or should I start all over from the beginning?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Martin, be sure to master all the previous elements before returning on deck squats, especially the new mobility elements.

Coach Sommer
1 hour ago, Martin Cortez said:

I am making progress on deck squats. Is there a way to pick up where I left off? Or should I start all over from the beginning?

Hi Martin,

You will need to begin again with the new progressions.

You may add some additional deck squat work after completing your assigned SLS/PE1 work.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Martin Cortez
5 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Martin, be sure to master all the previous elements before returning on deck squats, especially the new mobility elements.

Thanks, I can always improve my mobility!

4 hours ago, Coach Sommer said:

Hi Martin,

You will need to begin again with the new progressions.

You may add some additional deck squat work after completing your assigned SLS/PE1 work.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Sounds good, Coach

Thanks,

Martin