This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Website Change - what happened to the schedule?

Started by Scot Hopps, September 20, 2016 · 12 Replies · 441 Views

Scot Hopps

I just started last week, and was happy to have a recommended schedule of exercises each day. After the upgrade to the website (which does look a lot better), it is gone. I find myself having to hunt and peck to see what I should do. Perhaps it's just me, but I liked the schedule - I have no interest in designing my own training from a database of workouts. 

Everett Carroll

Hi Scot,

The workouts are still designed and customized for you, so you don't have to make up your own. 

To begin training for the day, all you need to do is click on the workout you wish to do for the day and follow along. In my opinion, it is much simpler.

Coach Sommer

Hi Scot,

There are no assigned days for the various workouts.  Please read the following for more detail:

Coach Sommer

Chris Phillips

Just so I'm clear, if I want to work on Core I should perform all of the exercises prescribed for that day or just pick one or two? 

Udo Eimers

Yeah, can i still split core into two different workouts?

Mats Trane

Yes Chr

1 hour ago, Chris Phillips said:

Just so I'm clear, if I want to work on Core I should perform all of the exercises prescribed for that day or just pick one or two? 

All the exercises 

Mats Trane
32 minutes ago, Udo Eimers said:

Yeah, can i still split core into two different workouts?

Yes you can, we live in a free world :) but it will mot be marked as complete. I would not recommend it. Get it over and done with.

Ron Roitman
27 minutes ago, Mats Trane said:

Yes you can, we live in a free world :) but it will mot be marked as complete. I would not recommend it. Get it over and done with.

I'm used to do All F(4) elements in one session( as well as F(3) )

Now it's FL,SL,MN = Core,  sPL,HBP,RC = UBody , SLS = Legs.

Is there a reason behind this? I actually do mind performing the old F(4) session.. How should I log this then? Would I have to pick FL from 'Core' and mark it as done and then continue to UBody? In such manner, I will split Core in two different workouts anyway. Does this also mean it is okay to just pick an extra SLS session and train it without the other F elements?

Keegan Yentsch

Ron, since the system only resets each Monday you could just watch the follow along video as you do the FL element, make a note to yourself like using the new smiley lingo (I.e. "Easy," "Just right," "Hard," "Lacks Mobility") but don't click the smiley. Then do actually on the smiley that described your performance the following day when you do the other two exercises in the Core workout (as you normally would do with F3). The system will still give you credit for completing the workout in that week and make the appropriate adjustment to your "step."

Once you do the workout once in a given week everything else is just gravy and I don't really think it matters whether you complete an entire workout or just parts as far as the system is concerned. Smiley's also get reset on a daily basis, so you can essentially repeat an exercise as many times as you want to.

Coach Sommer
6 hours ago, Chris Phillips said:

Just so I'm clear, if I want to work on Core I should perform all of the exercises prescribed for that day or just pick one or two? 

Hi Chris,

The point of the whole system is that you follow the entire workout led by the instructors for Core.

No cherry picking.

Yes, the exercise combinations are new.  You'll get used to it.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Joana Teixeira

I love the new format. Now I don't have to skip the workout because of an injury. I can just choose to do what I can. And I can even do more workouts than I did before. Really like the change  :)))

Michael Slifka

So you want us to do, all the exercises in the core, followed by all the exercises in the upper body and then the legs.  I ve been used to doing all seven exercises, three times a week.  The old schedule broke them up, giving the core, upper body a bit of a break. Now it seems you want us to do all core, all upper body and then legs. I guess the order isnt that important. My plan is just to continue doing all seven three times a week, and breaking them up, the way they were scheduled. The lower body work providing a much needed break before the final upper body fun with rings. Guess it doesnt really matter, but I appreciated the old program

 

t

Coach Sommer
3 hours ago, Michael Slifka said:

So you want us to do, all the exercises in the core, followed by all the exercises in the upper body and then the legs.  I ve been used to doing all seven exercises, three times a week.  The old schedule broke them up, giving the core, upper body a bit of a break. Now it seems you want us to do all core, all upper body and then legs. I guess the order isnt that important. My plan is just to continue doing all seven three times a week, and breaking them up, the way they were scheduled. The lower body work providing a much needed break before the final upper body fun with rings. Guess it doesnt really matter, but I appreciated the old program

 

t

Hi Michael,

If you want to do all seven elements each workout, then do so.  The new format does not affect your ability to do this in the slightest.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer