This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Circle Arches & Lower Back Pain...

Started by Patrick Rentz, September 19, 2016 · 3 Replies · 162 Views

Patrick Rentz

Just want to ask the coaches/physios on the board, and this may be the opposite of what you imagined I might say, but I've been having some lower back/sit bone pain lately. After circle arches, it's completely gone. The pain is usually worst at the extremes - arching while standing, and full pike position.

Nothing else has really helped this - loosening hammy, glutes and quads helps a little bit, but not entirely. And sometimes pain is hard to diagnose while exercising because of adrenaline, etc...but I'm wondering what's going on here, because I want to add something daily that mimicks this phenomenon without having access to my whole circle arch setup (maybe lying prone arch ups?). Simple as the muscles/tissues loosening up - maybe just that the lower back and glutes are firing? @Mark Collins @Wesley Tan

Mark Collins

Try adding bridge work daily with bent and straight legs for 30-60 second holds.

Patrick Rentz
2 hours ago, Mark Collins said:

Try adding bridge work daily with bent and straight legs for 30-60 second holds.

Thanks, Mark. You mean full thoracic bridge or something more like a glute bridge?

Mark Collins

Simple glute bridge work should be enough. You can rotate through the first FL iM's.