This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Updates and my impression

Started by Alessandro Mainente, September 19, 2016 · 20 Replies · 120 Views

Alessandro Mainente

Hi guys, admins and Moderators,

first of all you have all my support for the new modifications, they make sense and this is a huge improvements, I spend about one hour trying to get confidence with the new structure and I like it. like the previous updates it is only a matter of spend sometime there.

My impression is that so many members want perfect site, perfect course, perfect schedule, everything perfect at the first attempt PLUS all the information on the course of the forum and so on, something that when F1 was release was simply out of the possibility. GB forum is the most rich of information forum that I know with high quality support.

Some other members are seeing some PE's modifications a bad idea simply because they have to purchase another course to move forward. they tend to see only the bad side and not the fat that this is the price we have to pay to improve our service.

I'd like to hear also the opinion of the other mods.

 

Also I encourage the other mods to spend more time there in this period, I stayed away from the forum for 3-4 hours and I had 27 post waiting for approval. I notice that some Forum Coaches (i'm taking note about that) are working more then the other. please if you cannot hold this commitment please let us know.

Everett Carroll

Hi Alex,

I am with you in that this update is positive. The biggest issue customers are having is definitely having to purchase F2 to get access to the old F1 SLS progressions. I have explained on some support replies that they should begin with the new PE1 for SLS and begin working up from there.  

Cory Fair

There's simply no perfect way to draw the line. For students who struggled with Deck Squats, all the new content is a godsend. For ones who mastered Deck Squats it's a bump to F2 instead. Same as what happened with Side Lever. Based on the number of students stuck forever on Deck Squats, the majority should fall in the former group. Remember that a vocal few on the forum don't make an accurate sample of what most students are struggling with.

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Cory Fair said:

There's simply no perfect way to draw the line. For students who struggled with Deck Squats, all the new content is a godsend. For ones who mastered Deck Squats it's a bump to F2 instead. Same as what happened with Side Lever. Based on the number of students stuck forever on Deck Squats, the majority should fall in the former group. Remember that a vocal few on the forum don't make an accurate sample of what most students are struggling with.

yes and that makes perfectly sense, updating something basing on the 13% of people does not make any sense. instead you did something intelligent. from a point of view of a new student it is better for sure,from the old one maybe not.

the general goal it is improve the service. we have to go for it.

Everett Carroll

Yes it makes perfect sense. Please let me know if there is a specific area I should be directing my efforts towards. I am pretty slammed just swapping between here and support tickets, trying to respond to the most urgent questions. 

Cole Dano

The way this trickles though all the courses, might have been fairer to just add the front of F1 and leave the rest as is. It's didn't feel the same with the SL changes. But who am I to say.

 

On another note it seems like there are rep set errors; one member reported SLS SE2 as 5x10r I assume it should be 5x30s

Can you also confirm that Hinge Rows are now set at 5x5r (not 15r) for mastery?

Cory Fair

Hinge rows are indeed 5r. I'll look at the SLS SE2 and make sure it's correct.

Alessandro Mainente

I talk now from my POV when I train older people, I mean 50+ or older, the first exercise I use to promote it is SLS PE2 .

As I stated some modifications make the product more available for older people, this is necessary if the goal it is to embrace all the ages.

Mats Trane

I think this a great change for the majority of the customers. There are always going to be people resisting change!

The people I introduce to GB Foundation, it's always mobility issues that stops the progress. I mean how are you going to perform a deck squat if your knees don't go past 90 degrees? That's not a very fun way to start a new training program.

Cole Dano

- Has the Smiley system been changed, I'm seeing comments that now Just right = no change next week and Easy = one step forward, looking at the course, the messages that pop up corroborate this.

- Is there a recommended Foundations schedule published anywhere, I thought I'd seen something when the course first came out but no longer do. People are pretty lost on this.

- Is there an offical change log; i.e. something detailing the exact changes int the progression?

- Would it be possible to add the above to Coach Sommer's  New Interface Sticky?

i.e.: What do the smileys do? / Schedule suggestion(s) / Change log

Alessandro Mainente

I found some errors/bug:

-in the SLS the PE 1-4 do not have a technical video, there are only images.

-if I have ONLY  handstand 1 when I access to the page of freestanding handstand I can see all the elements I can see photos with couple mastery but no reference on how to progress on the mastery.

 

Coach Sommer
13 hours ago, Cole Dano said:

- Has the Smiley system been changed, I'm seeing comments that now Just right = no change next week and Easy = one step forward, looking at the course, the messages that pop up corroborate this.

- Is there a recommended Foundations schedule published anywhere, I thought I'd seen something when the course first came out but no longer do. People are pretty lost on this.

- Is there an offical change log; i.e. something detailing the exact changes int the progression?

- Would it be possible to add the above to Coach Sommer's  New Interface Sticky?

i.e.: What do the smileys do? / Schedule suggestion(s) / Change log

My essay already:

- details the smiley face protocol

- specifically mentions that there is NO required schedule.  There is no reason for them to be lost.  They may simply continue using whatever schedule they previously used.

- They do not need to know the changed progressions ahead of time.  They will learn them as they progress to them.

 

Also, stop telling people you are not familiar with the new format yourself and prefer pencil and paper.  Most unhelpful and not a good example to set for the forum users.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Cole Dano

Coach I've never seen the forum blow up like it has the last couple of days. The new system was just dropped on us mods as well as the students. I'm not familiar with the new format anymore than they are. How can I be, or any of the other mods?

I outlined some of the most common questions that people want specifics on. Including old students. 

I'm at a loss as to what to do. If I answer it's not right, if I don't Alex is making a list. 

The guy I mentioned using pen and paper to was taking about he was using a spreadsheet before the new roll out. I do use pen and paper and always have always will, I don't see the problem. I'm seeing a lot of people who just want someone to talk to them nicely, including spreadsheet guy.

For peets sake it's 2:20 am and I'm here, I'm not the enemy.

Coach Sommer

Hi Cole,

- Incorrect, the new system was not just dropped on the mods.  Extensive training sessions were held with Cory and Tanya and Alex who were then in turn supposed to go over the forthcoming new format with the other moderators/customer service reps.

- The issue is that instead of steering them towards becoming comfortable with the new format and moving on, you were commisserating with them and talking about how you are a pen and paper guy yourself.

Cole Dano

I didn't receive any form of training other than the note that Cory posted regarding SLS and RC changes. I don't know anything about GB having customer service reps, and what is who's responsibility.

In the future I'll refrain from commenting on the new system and leave that to those in the know.

Coach Sommer
1 hour ago, Cole Dano said:

I didn't receive any form of training other than the note that Cory posted regarding SLS and RC changes. I don't know anything about GB having customer service reps, and what is who's responsibility.

In the future I'll refrain from commenting on the new system and leave that to those in the know.

- Spoke with Cory about your lack of preparation regarding the new F1 interface and he informed me that it was an oversight on his part that you were not included in the customer service reps training meeting.  This has been corrected moving forward.

- While I appreciate the sentiment, I disagree.  Necessary and essential that you know the new interface in order to better advise GB students.

 

Cole Dano

That explains a lot, thank you.

Alessandro Mainente

I'm spending some time on moving around the courses, on Rings One the False Grip Lock Off it is not yet added.

Coach Sommer

Thank you, Alex.

Everyone please continue to compile a list of missing elements.  Note also that some of the elements now also have improper programming attached.  An example is speed skater squats which somehow now shows 5x10r instead of the correct 5x5r.

Still tracking down where the coding failure occurred that led to the current shitstorm that we are in the middle of.  Appreciate everyone's patience and diligence while this gets sorted out.

Note that the current new F1 interface is fubar and is currently being repaired.  

Rather than simply showing a graphic for 'core' and then going to the core individual elements diagnostics page when clicked, when the students click 'core' it was originally designed to begin playing their follow along core workout composed of all three core elements.  And the students should not land on the individual element diagnostic page until the follow along workout video stops playing.

Coach Sommer

Also, please do not discuss Pro+ with the students.  

There is no Pro+ available for separate purchase and has not been for quite some time.  All of Pro+ was integrated into Foundation One as the new follow along videos and all of the former F1 buyers have also now been grandfathered and granted access to the new F1 format.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi guys,

reviewed the courses, in order to verify some bugs I reloaded the page at least 3 times. bug still persists.

H1: complete, setsxreps seems to be ok, all focus point available

Rings 1: already stated about the Lock Off.

Foundations:

1) ok

2) ok

3)  - on FL  progression , PE15 No focus points added

4)

- in the main presentation page the single leg squat is presented as the last while in the F1-2-3 the order is front lever, planche, side lever, manna, SINGLE LEG SQUAT, hbp and rope climbing.

-last 2 progressions of RC (both IM and PE), my browser shows no IMAGE

-last progression of RC  also has no Focus point.

Today i'll check H2, unfortunately i do not remember H3 in the original state.