This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Unlocking Foundation 2

Started by Stuart McFarlane, September 19, 2016 · 16 Replies · 752 Views

Stuart McFarlane

Team,

I love the new interface and have got to grips with it.  Great stuff.  One issue though is that some of my progressions are now not in foundation one.  E.g. I was previously working on cossack squats etc and these I assume have been moved to foundation two, can you confirm this?  I've now been reverted to do standard body weight squats which I can motor through but I'd rather pick up where I was last week so I tried to click on "unlock now" picture of foundation 2 and all I get is a message saying  Sorry, you don't have access to the F2 course. 

Thus 2 questions:

  1. Can I unlock foundation 2 or does smart programming prohibit me from unlocking it until I have mastered every aspect of foundation one?
  2. If I require to master every aspect of foundation one then how do I now test mastery?  Is there a button which allows me to immediately request a mastery test on all the squat work so I don't have to spend weeks covering old ground?

Much appreciated and I don't underestimate the work that has gone into getting the website this far!

Stu

Chris Maudlin

I have the same issue. A few of the progressions I was on for RC and SLS now appear further down or non-existent in F1. Not sure where to start off now? Also, are we supposed to back off training to 1x/wk for each movement, as now indicated?

Cameron Williams

I have the exact same question about SLS. Looks to me like we'll have to buy F2. Also wondering if we're supposed to run through the new easier progressions if we're already on what was previously PE2 or PE3?

Looking forward to a response on this one.

Jeffrey Gasbarro

Also glad that GB is updating the progression... Cleary the new progressions represent advancements based upon all of our training experiences. However, once we havepaid for and are working on course content, it seems unfair to move that content behind the paywall into a more advanced course. Perhaps existing members could have acces to an archive of the old material (for example, a link to version 1.0 or something like that)?

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

The party line seems to be/always have been when updates are implanted at the very least ensure that you have mastered the new elements (was the case for Side Lever changes). So, I would imagine that before revisiting Cossack squats, which I don't doubt you can muster up, they'll want you to have mastered and demonstrated mastery for the other 5 PEs. Yes, it's a minor setback, a small kerfuffle, and annoyance, but so it goes. If you do have those 5 PEs, I don't see any reason why you couldn't be back to doing Cossack squats next week. With the new format, you could do lower body routines daily (so, if you did PE1 today, on Saturday you would be back to Cossack Squats if you mastered the other 5 PEs on your first shot). So, really, not too big of a deal. That they are 'locked away' in Foundation 2 is beyond my ability to answer. I would shoot Cory a message about that. 

Stuart McFarlane

Thanks @Daniel Taylor-Shaut but how do I master a level a day, I see no test mastery button, just "easy".  Are you inferring I should just do lower body everyday and click "easy" and that will motor me through?  Maybe you are right, I will "easy" it to the end of air squats then be asked to test mastery for the next levels which I can immediately ace... good thinking... and its not big problem to swallow your pride and check you still got it on the basics... always something to pick up

Marcus Patterson

Go into settings  , click on the foundation bar and it gives you the old layout where you can change what level you are on straight away.

Stuart McFarlane
3 minutes ago, Marcus Patterson said:

Go into settings  , click on the foundation bar and it gives you the old layout where you can change what level you are on straight away.

I don't think it does old boy, because cossack squats are not part of foundation one anymore and hard as I try I can't give GB my money to unlock foundation 2...

Anyway its day 1 of the new world and as we know none of our gymnastic skills were built in a day, so I'm happy to wait a few days... these things will become clear no doubt and I'm sure everyone is working very hard to support @GB hq

Marcus Patterson
Just now, Stuart McFarlane said:

I don't think it does old boy, because cossack squats are not part of foundation one anymore and hard as I try I can't give GB my money to unlock foundation 2...

Ahhhhh. I paid for all the foundations series first time around, maybe for that reason I can change it.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
11 minutes ago, Stuart McFarlane said:

Thanks @Daniel Taylor-Shaut but how do I master a level a day, I see no test mastery button, just "easy".  Are you inferring I should just do lower body everyday and click "easy" and that will motor me through?  Maybe you are right, I will "easy" it to the end of air squats then be asked to test mastery for the next levels which I can immediately ace... good thinking... and its not big problem to swallow your pride and check you still got it on the basics... always something to pick up

 

Yep. 

 

3 minutes ago, Marcus Patterson said:

Go into settings  , click on the foundation bar and it gives you the old layout where you can change what level you are on straight away.

Seems you can do this ONLY before having started any workouts for the week (as was the case with the old scheduler, so you could adjust it outright or test through and since they're new additions, I think it makes sense to at least know you got them -- I mean it's assisted and regular air squats... ain't that much to it, lol).

Marcus Patterson
1 minute ago, Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

Yep. 

 

Seems you can do this ONLY before having started any workouts for the week (as was the case with the old scheduler, so you could adjust it outright or test through and since they're new additions, I think it makes sense to at least know you got them -- I mean it's assisted and regular air squats... ain't that much to it, lol).

Im not even gonna not going back into the squats as the way I see it, you end up coming back to deck squats which are more difficult than normal squats. Since I did those first time I tried them, I really don´t think air squats are gonna cut it.

Stuart McFarlane

Well if nothing else its a nice ego boost to become a foundation 2 level athlete overnight ha!  Looking forward to facing the challenges there... but we will see, I sent a message to support about unlocking, and ironically when I try to view my open tickets all I get is a rotating circle (i.e. its trying to load but can't!)

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Chris Maudlin said:

I have the same issue. A few of the progressions I was on for RC and SLS now appear further down or non-existent in F1. Not sure where to start off now? Also, are we supposed to back off training to 1x/wk for each movement, as now indicated?

This is the natural consequence of the update, from our perspective this is a product with more attention to all the ages.

-if there are some new elements then be sure to master them before moving on

-if you have to move over foundation 2-3 or 4 you have to purchase it.

Marius Martinsen
12 hours ago, Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

The party line seems to be/always have been when updates are implanted at the very least ensure that you have mastered the new elements (was the case for Side Lever changes). So, I would imagine that before revisiting Cossack squats, which I don't doubt you can muster up, they'll want you to have mastered and demonstrated mastery for the other 5 PEs. Yes, it's a minor setback, a small kerfuffle, and annoyance, but so it goes. If you do have those 5 PEs, I don't see any reason why you couldn't be back to doing Cossack squats next week. With the new format, you could do lower body routines daily (so, if you did PE1 today, on Saturday you would be back to Cossack Squats if you mastered the other 5 PEs on your first shot). So, really, not too big of a deal. That they are 'lockedway' in Foundation 2 is beyond my ability to answer. I would shoot Cory a message about that. 

The reason is that we should be able to tailor the workout scheduler our self if we want to. By all means have the setup like it is now, but please do not remove the ability to create and manage the workout scheduler our self. Maybe YOU do not see the reason and believe it is a minor setback, but it is not the same for ME. 

Cole Dano
34 minutes ago, Marius Martinsen said:

The reason is that we should be able to tailor the workout scheduler our self if we want to. By all means have the setup like it is now, but please do not remove the ability to create and manage the workout scheduler our self. Maybe YOU do not see the reason and believe it is a minor setback, but it is not the same for ME. 

I'm new to this system myself, but it seems like you can tailor everything via the settings button when you go into a workout. The drop down interface there is pretty much identical to the old one. Just pull up the element and step you want and you're ready to go.

Of course if the element in question is now in F2 and you don't have access to it, then it's a no go until you purchase F2.

Stian Stensen
23 hours ago, Cole Dano said:

I'm new to this system myself, but it seems like you can tailor everything via the settings button when you go into a workout. The drop down interface there is pretty much identical to the old one. Just pull up the element and step you want and you're ready to go.

Of course if the element in question is now in F2 and you don't have access to it, then it's a no go until you purchase F2.

 

On 19. september 2016 at 10:15 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

This is the natural consequence of the update, from our perspective this is a product with more attention to all the ages.

-if there are some new elements then be sure to master them before moving on

-if you have to move over foundation 2-3 or 4 you have to purchase it.

Im sorry guys but removing elements of SLS is absolute BS. It is not relevant what you think is best for the masses. We purchased a product and that product contained certain elements that no longer is available to us. For those of us that are at higher progressions than deck squats it basically means that we have to buy F2 as we most likely will have no problem performing deck squats. 

You should, as it is stated above, have made the higher progressions available for those of us that purchased F1 before this update. I am sure that your programmers are able to make this happen.

On the plus side, after an initial "wtf" I am warming up to the new changes in the setup. The layout looks good for mobile plattforms  and I am eager to give the new programming a go.  I really like GST and it has helped me deal with a lot of old injuries that now feel as they where never there.

I am sorry if this came of as bit harsh, but we have to be able to give some criticism otherwise we might as well become a part of the "movement culture" cult and have Ido Portal sell us some snake oil and call it the fountain of youth.

Coach Sommer
6 hours ago, Stian Stensen said:

 

Im sorry guys but removing elements of SLS is absolute BS. It is not relevant what you think is best for the masses. We purchased a product and that product contained certain elements that no longer is available for us. For those of us that are at higher progressions than deck squats it basically means that we have to buy F2 as we most likely will have no problem performing deck squats. 

You should, as it is stated above, have made the higher progressions available for those of us that purchased F1 before this update. I am sure that your programmers are able to make this happen.

On the plus side, after an initial "wtf" I am warming up to the new changes in the setup. The layout looks good for mobile plattforms  and I am eager to give the new programming a go.  I really like GST and it has helped me deal with a lot of old injuries that now feel as they where never there.

I am sorry if this came of as bit harsh, but we have to be able to give some criticism otherwise we might as well become a part of the "movement culture" cult 

Hi Stian,

I certainly understand your position, but for a variety of reasons the adjustment of blending courses is simply not sustainable long term.  There were similar adjustments necessary when the side lever progressions were revamped several years ago.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer