This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

T1/2.1 sets/reps?

Started by Susan Battistelli, September 19, 2016 · 14 Replies · 239 Views

Susan Battistelli

Hi!  I'm new to the program and would appreciate clarification on counting reps and sets for T1/2.1.  Is what is shown in the video one rep?  Thank you in advance for your help.

Alessandro Mainente

One rep is reached when you moved one side, then the other and then you have to return to the first side, here you are beginning the 2nd rep.

Susan Battistelli

Thank you for your help, Alessandro. 

Christian Nogueira

So the video is showing 2 reps ? 

Ryan Reynolds

I would count that as four reps in the video.  He does two 360 degree rotations in one direction and then two rotations in the opposite direction.  Each 360 rotation is a rep but make sure you train both directions equally.

Kai Ewert

The course video shows two reps.

Alessandro Mainente

One 360 rotation on the longitudinal axes and then  it is considered one rep. please consider to to all the reps on both sides, reaching on one side has different activation compared to reaching to the opposite.

Christian Nogueira

I've been doing extra work on this element then. I figured that the entire video showed one rep :D and counted my reps accordingly.

Judith Newton

Me, too, Christian ! Oh, well.. :-)

Briac Roquet

I'm certain I remember @Coach Sommer saying 'down and back is one rep' which would mean the vid shows one rep. I also remember saying this a few times after that and getting a like of approval.

edit: found the links

Kai Ewert

What amuses me is how many answers have been given to this question without clearing up the confusion. It's like a comedy. How about someone in the know (@Coach Sommer? @Alessandro Mainente?) could just state how many reps the course video shows?

Jeffrey Bittner

To clear up any confusion, the course video shows 2 reps total.

Alessandro Mainente

The video is showing a 2 reps total

Maksis Riley

A repetition is to repeat a movement. The movement is being repeated once you've done 360° in both directions. This is how I look at it.

 

Max

 

Edit: too slow, I was 

Kai Ewert

Thank you Jeffrey and Alessandro! 

And Max, I like that thinking though it does not hold true for the whole curriculum where sometimes 10 reps means 5 on each side... I guess it's like with the form, tempo on negatives, etc. - always best to double check :)