Seeking feedback on my double-rope climbs that I used to train along with regular and L-sit climbs before I started F1. Do these type of climbs offer benefits compared to regular climbs and are they trained in Foundation?
Started by Petri Widsten, September 19, 2016 · 4 Replies · 1,391 Views
Seeking feedback on my double-rope climbs that I used to train along with regular and L-sit climbs before I started F1. Do these type of climbs offer benefits compared to regular climbs and are they trained in Foundation?
They are and advanced version with a plyometric component. for this reason only if you are capable of a tripl 5-6 mt rope climb you are allowed to THINK a bit to this variation.
8 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:They are and advanced version with a plyometric component. for this reason only if you are capable of a tripl 5-6 mt rope climb you are allowed to THINK a bit to this variation.
Is this because the elbows should be conditioned progressively, Alessandro? For me the limiting factor is grip strength but elbows seem fine. Anyway, because my rope is shorter, I think I should be able to do 5 single rope climbs in succession before giving plyo work any more thought.
The grip strength is highly concerned with elbows conditioning.
5 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:The grip strength is highly concerned with elbows conditioning.
The positive side is that it makes it harder to over-train - you have to stop when you run out of grip strength.
I train rope climbs for the part of the year when it's not too cold in the gym. Not being able to contract my hands properly because they're too cold + a cold and slippery rope really kill my climbs :-(. This is why during the cold period I train L-sit pull-ups with a neutral grip instead or climbs. Not challenging for the grip but I think they work the brachialis quite well. Climbs look like series of short neutral grip pull-ups to me.