This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Moderate posterior tibial pain

Started by Adam Cady, September 17, 2016 · 1 Replies · 32 Views

Adam Cady

Hi,

Over the past 3-4 months I have been dealing with inner ankle pain after running either outside or on the treadmill. I have self diagnosed it as an inflamed posterior tibial tendon. I haven't done any running for a month or so and it has improved but its still an occasional issue. I am currently on day 4 and have noticed that while doing some of the stretches it appears to aggravate the area. The pain goes away as soon as I stop and does not have any lingering pain as when I was running. Is this something I should be careful with or just a part of the process with loosening up my body? Thanks.

 

Adam

Alessandro Mainente

Please Adam stay away from painful exercises first, then check a physio for further professional evaluations.