This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elbow Extension

Started by Kevin Easton, September 17, 2016 · 4 Replies · 127 Views

Kevin Easton

For as long as I can remember I have never been able to fully extend at the elbow joint.  No matter how hard I try I always have a very slight bend in the elbow.

I have never really put alot of thought into it until I start GST and realized I can't lock out my arms.  That in turn means my triceps are taking a beating.

Is this the result of: genetics?  general tightness/imbalance?  other?

I am curious if this is my ROM I am going to have forever, or is there exercises and stretches I can look into to address this?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Kevin, yes you can have a particular elbow joint conformation.

Did you have an X-ray exam?

Kevin Easton

Both elbows are the exact same.  

 

Ive never had an injury and it's never caused me any pain, etc.  It's just impossible for me to go full lock out on either arm 

Alessandro Mainente

I did not mentioned injury, I would know if you checked for bone conformations problem. some joint range of motion restriction are due to joint conformation. An X-ray can clarify eventual abnormal conformation.

Kevin Easton

I have never had an X-ray