Got an email about foundation 1 changes coming Monday. Any spoilers? Am I going to finally beat Hinge Rows?
I'm on the edge of my seat!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Jeffrey Bailey, September 17, 2016 · 9 Replies · 605 Views
Got an email about foundation 1 changes coming Monday. Any spoilers? Am I going to finally beat Hinge Rows?
I'm on the edge of my seat!
Check this post from Cory (which seems to have now disappeared--may have been premature). Consider Hinger Rows to be a dream deferred, haha. Same thing with deck squats.
So is program changing from Monday onwards or not????I'm also stuck on Hinge Rows LOL
Yes. There were more details up last night but that post seems to have been taken down, likely for some reason that is unbeknownst to me. Hinge Rows and Deck Squats are being pushed later on (closer to Foundation 2) with a variety of different exercises coming earlier so that, the hope is, people can make greater gains in mobility and strength instead of spinning their wheels. These two elements, along with arch body holds (which were changed about a year ago) cause a lot of frustration and I think the GB team wants to diminish that for obvious reasons.
I still hope that in the future we will also see some smoothing around swivel hips and straddle ups :-)
4 hours ago, Giovanni Garcea said:I still hope that in the future we will also see some smoothing around swivel hips and straddle ups :-)
Maybe. I doubt it, though, swivel hips aren't impossible if you repeat them daily and focus on the stretch. Straddle ups, are quite difficult, so I would second you there. But I feel like if you can manage straddle leg extensions, along with MN/PE1-im with a lot of weight, then straddle ups shouldn't be too difficult. I'm still refining PE1 so I'm not back to those nor Jefferson Curls yet. I hope to be by the new year, and I think I should be able to manage that.
Daniel, I'm also stuck on MN PE2...which is your approach on this, could you be more specific?
Do you have Pro+? Or any of the later Foundations? Your best bet would be to work active straddle compression (meaning you're pulling your hip ACTIVELY towards your torso versus passively letting gravity do the work). That's the best I got. Pro+ and the later Foundations have some good drills for this, regarding movility.
Swivel hips remains a major road block. I understand that good hip rotation becomes important for the straddle planche but that is far down the line. Why require developing this high level of hip mobility before even beginning any planche preparation (e.g. planche leans)?
General hip health. Not everything you do will be useful for useful progressions, but simply for life. Knowing this and that you don't need that much strength in internal rotation compared to external for planche, it makes sense to get it out of the way first and then focus on progressions for external rotation.