This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

middle split and tight hip abductors and axternal rotators

Started by Alessandro Ganzini, September 17, 2016 · 2 Replies · 122 Views

Alessandro Ganzini

Hello, I do olympic weightlifting, and I have a recurrent pubalgy that everytime stops my progress. This is one of the reasons beacuse I'm here.

I have really tight hip abductors and external rotators such as TFL medium and little glutes, piriformis and so on... Infact I can't perform complete swiwel hips without rising my bottom up. Maybe this depends also form my sport trining. Consider that when I was a child I used to perform the yoga lotus position and than maintaning that position stand up my knees and walking around... :) Now I'm 28 and the situation is drastically changed. I feel this muscle groups much tight expecially during some exercises of my middle split series , for example in the last element.

Do I have to add some stretching exercises to solve this problem? Consider that I'm doing once a week stretch series (from only three weeks), and I'm at the end of my first week of foundamentals one (4 trainings x week) and handstand serie (2 times x week)

I feel the piriformis stretch really useful for me, I really enjoy it, I would like to spend more time in that position during the stretch series than what is recommanded. Do I have to add this strech once more after the end of the middle split serie and/or doing it other times during the week?

Suggestion are higly appreciated. Thank you

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Alessandro, I suggest to perform daily the piriformis variation and the frog stretch buut no more than that.

On the other side all the class must be done once a week.

Alessandro Ganzini

Thank you Alessandro! I'll do as you suggest me