This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

New user/question on form and logging

Started by Nicholas King, September 16, 2016 · 2 Replies · 47 Views

Nicholas King

Have done some searching on the forums but not found a definitive answer to this...

How should I log my workouts for exercises where I have the strength to do the reps but the reps aren't perfect on form? Mobility is going to be a big limiting factor for me and I'm willing to do the work, progress very slowly and improve...but I'm not sure how to reflect this in my workout logs. 

For example, for SLS/PE2 I can fairly easily perform 10 reps each leg of cossack squats but I can't get deep without bending forward excessively. Should I log 0 reps to reflect that none had perfect form? I did this last week and now my programming has me doing just 2 squats each side. Again, these are easy to do imperfectly. Should I continue to log 0 reps and work on my mobility? 

Thanks!

Everett Carroll

Hi Nicholas,

Log the number of repetitions you complete and if you reach step 9, the final step, but still need to improve your form, then you can simply log 1 rep as incomplete. This will keep you on step 9 until form is adequate. We do have an update coming soon which will make this much easier to handle. I hope this helps!

Nicholas King

Thanks Everett! Makes sense.