This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE1

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, September 16, 2016 · 3 Replies · 54 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

So, it's been a long time coming but thanks to Pro+ I'm finally within sights of mastering this confounded progression and able to move on to bigger and brighter things. Let me know if, in fact, this form check is good enough for mastery and I can move on to PE2. Working press handstand has definitely helped with feeling both PPT and scapula protraction. Adding in the stretch and light daily limbering with swivel hips has helped, too. I filmed the iM from three angles to show the angle of my thigh on internal rotation (just to be clear that my butt is pretty much on the ground). Cheers. @Everett Carroll @Alessandro Mainente @Cole Dano

 

 

 

 

 

Everett Carroll

Awesome Daniel! The only cue I have is make sure your outside knee touches all the way down to the ground during hip swivels. 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Oh. Meaning the leg that is in external rotation? (Right leg when swiveling to the right, left leg when to the left?) That's it? Well, in that case, I'll move along then.  Whodathunk. I was certain that I'd never master this about a year ago. I'll keep refining and warming up with the swivel hips probably until forever. I'm usually cognizant to keep BOTH knees down, but with internal rotation being the limiting factor a lot of my attention goes there (though, to be fair I've found that when I drop my outside knee down AFTER the leg that is in internal rotation it greatly increases the stretch).  

Everett Carroll

Exactly. We wan't to fully work both the external and internal hip rotation.