This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Traveling

Started by Jon Douglas, September 15, 2016 · 5 Replies · 31 Views

Jon Douglas

Hi guys,

I'm traveling to attend a course in Queensland until December.

I don't foresee difficulties in keeping qn eye on the forum but its possible either my connection or schedule conspires to have me off some evenings. Just a heads up.

Jon Douglas

Settled in and set up a net connection here. It's not brilliant and some nights i will have duties during this course (until 30 Nov) that will keep me away, but I expect to be able to check the forum usually daily or a little more.

Jon Douglas

Wow, big changes a lot of knee jerk reaction; people scream for change then scream they liked the old way. I don't think I can answer a lot of these programming questions flooding the unapproves content; I'll have to take the time to study the interface and switch my own workouts around to reflect the new splits.

Coach Sommer

No real changes to the program despite all of the caterwauling.

- Largest change is that they MUST use the follow along videos for their workouts for ease of customer use and for GB to enact a measure of performance quality control.

- Step and programming remain the same as always.

- Now they simply do not have assigned days that the vast majority were not following anyway.

Jon Douglas

I've been doing some reading, made some adjustments to my scheduling and this afternoon I will update my somewhat popular 'Jon 2.0' post which will give some people a template to work off too.

Great thought on moving FL to a core grouping; sub 30 minute workouts means they can be done in order 5 days a week and automatically cycle their volume as per the 2x / week Stretch rotation. Done first thing in the morning, it means Handstand + weighted mobility can be trained 3-5x a week in the afternoon. Shorter workouts, more frequent, overall volume rises, more handstand focus-- perfect for me and timely too! I'm a fan, thanks for your push for consistent improvement.

Coach Sommer

Thanks, Jon!

I believe that everyone is going to be very happy once they stop bellyaching about the mandatory switch to the follow along videos.