Thoracic Subluxation Injury Help

Started by Patrick Cain, September 14, 2016 · 6 Replies · 2,284 Views

Patrick Cain

Hello,

I was doing meathook wipers( Its a windshield wipers with more ROM) on monday and was going to fast and twisted a thoracic joint and popped a rib out of place.  I am sure ligaments wore injured also because I am still hearing light popping from time to time.  I went to the Chiropractor on tuesday( yesterday) and he adjusted everything back to the way it was supposed to go and checked to make sure no fractures, good to go there and dug into all of the trigger points on the muscles.  I will be going back to him tomorrow so he can look at things again.  I am still having some discomfort to be expected but not the pressure feeling I was having before.  Has anyone experienced this before or know of any rehab exercises 

Tanya Hill

Hi Patrick, 

Personally I have not experienced this myself. For recovery Coach always recommend ice baths and this may be the perfect time to give that a go. 

Rest up buddy and take it easy. 

 

Patrick Cain

I have been icing it with an Ice pack a couple times a day and that is helping.  Surely someone out there has had this happen before:)

Coach Sommer

Hi Patrick,

At this point nothing to be done except suffer thru the healing process which will probably be substantial.

Unless you are extremely advanced, what in the world were you thinking using speed on meathook wipers?!?  

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Patrick Cain

I wasn't going extremely fast I just torque to much pulling the opposite way my hips where twisting.  I have gotten alot better in these past couple days.  Any mobilization movements you can recommend?

Coach Sommer

Hi Patrick,

Too much torque is equally as bad.  

No need to mobilize.  You are not tight, you are injured.  Leave the area alone and let it heal.  

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Patrick Cain

Ok makes sense coach. Should I just train around it and don't do anything that is painful.