Hey guys,
So I am just posting a question for some of you coaches out there who train your full time athletes in the 15 hour/week and up range.
I do about that much but sometimes it starts to feel like mental burnout and was wondering how you adjust your training schedules for athletes to compensate for that.
My typical day has 3-4 different training blocks:
90 minutes tumbling
30 minutes pommel
30 minutes rings
30 minutes handbalancing and stretching
I feel like I need to repeat each day with the same blocks and same components in each block to continue to see progress in each area, but it starts to feel like way too much and is mentally and physically draining.
Do you guys mix it up quite a bit to prevent mental fatigue, or do you use a systematic approach that doesn't change? Deload weeks for skill work? Different disciplines on different days?
Look forward to your feedback!