This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Cartwheel press

Started by Michael Stanwyck, September 14, 2016 · 4 Replies · 109 Views

Michael Stanwyck

What is a rep? I'm following the video example and going left three times and right three times for each rep, but it feels like a lot of time and effort compared to the other movements.

Everett Carroll

Hi Michael,

Count 1 rep as 1 movement to the side i.e from the point the feet leave the ground to when they touch back down. To be sure, I counted mastery as 5 sets of 5 repetitions per direction. 

Michael Stanwyck

Oh good. I've been doing 3x that.

Everett Carroll

Sounds like you're ready to work on cartwheels then! Awesome.

Remember that course videos are demonstrating form and not number of reps or time to hold for mastery. The mastery standard is always listed below the videos.

Michael Stanwyck

for sure. the mastery template, though, just says a number of reps. I was relying on the video as a way to determine what a rep actually was.

I made the same mistake with skiers. Bottom line, I think I've discovered, is that if something feels WAY harder than everything else, and there is a question about reps, I've probably got the reps wrong