This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

alternatives for the horse and straddle planche mobility.

Started by James Gattuso, September 14, 2016 · 8 Replies · 220 Views

James Gattuso

Hi i am doing the foundation course from home and was struggling with ideas on how to do mobility on my straddle planches from home. 
also i don't have access to rings so i'm not doing the rings stuff or the rope climbing. Any ideas on what i should do?

I do i have a pull up bar, dumbbells, and a dowel.

Cheers 

Cole Dano

You don't need a pommel horse to do your sPL mobility. Any raised flat surface will do, a weight lifting bench, box, table, stools etc can all be used to do these.

For the RC, you don't need rings per say, but something with straps and a handle. This can be as simple as getting some cargo straps from the local hardware, and  a short length of PVC pipe for a handle, just rig it over your pull up bar and you're good to go. You can google 'diy suspension' trainer for some ideas.

James Gattuso

Thanks so much!

So for rings work would it be safe and beneficial to buy a pair of rings and hang them on my doorway chin-up bar?

Cheers

Everett Carroll

Hi James,

Yes, many students set them up just like that and it works well. 

James Gattuso

cool!

i'm just worried that the bar might fall, is this only for the advanced exercises? 
Thanks

 

Everett Carroll

You can post a picture of your setup if you're unsure but ring row variations begin immediately in RC. Like Cole said, at least a sturdy place to set up straps is needed to begin training that element. 

Martin Jones

I use a doorway pullup bar to hang my rings from. I have had no reason for concern, it is rock solid. 

Jon Douglas
1 hour ago, Martin Jones said:

I use a doorway pullup bar to hang my rings from. I have had no reason for concern, it is rock solid. 

Same, I have worked through F1 and most of F2 RC with one of these a while ago :)

Some F2 RC elements require longer rings straps, but that is down the track :)

Samin Ishtiaq

Hi James, Hang the rings on a tree outside!