This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

deck squat workout log

Started by Javier Richa, September 14, 2016 · 6 Replies · 256 Views

Javier Richa

Hi, 

I just did my first set session of F1 today!

However to do the deck squat I needed about a one inch mat to aid with the squat. Besides that I did all the 5x15r and mobility. 

how do I log this? I am mastering out so I don't want to put that I did perfect because then it would move me on to the next PE correct?

what should I do?

thanks!

Cole Dano

Just follow the progression as Pro+ generates it for you and when you've mastered with 1" of mat, reset and try with no mat. You can make a note that you are doing a modified version to help keep track.  

Edit: I just learned there have been some revisions to the SLS progression, so go back and check the new PE's in a few days which should get you through this issue more smoothly.

Patrick Rentz
13 hours ago, Cole Dano said:

Just follow the progression as Pro+ generates it for you and when you've mastered with 1" of mat, reset and try with no mat. You can make a note that you are doing a modified version to help keep track.  

Edit: I just learned there have been some revisions to the SLS progression, so go back and check the new PE's in a few days which should get you through this issue more smoothly.

Say what? No more deck squats?!?!

Javier Richa
On 9/14/2016 at 1:23 AM, Cole Dano said:

Just follow the progression as Pro+ generates it for you and when you've mastered with 1" of mat, reset and try with no mat. You can make a note that you are doing a modified version to help keep track.  

Edit: I just learned there have been some revisions to the SLS progression, so go back and check the new PE's in a few days which should get you through this issue more smoothly.

Hi, Cole

What change are you anticipating? I haven't seen anything new on SLS. Also do you mean I should reset the entire progression to week one and do it with no matt since I already mastered it with the 1" mat?

also I wanted to ask a more specific question. I don't know what I did, whether it was the scapular push ups or the bent rows but I have had a pretty bad pain right below my left scapula. I don't know if I pushed to hard or what?

Thanks!

Cole Dano

Take it easy on that left scap until it feels right again, most likely it's just a little strain that will pass in a few days. Sometimes it's just a fluke that will cause something, but at this stage in training it's almost always safe to assume it's a case of too much too soon.

The latest GB newsletter puts the roll out of the new progression as well as updated interface at next Monday. Be sure to check it out.

Paul Wallbridge

A bit disappointed with the SLS change today. Having spent the past 2 weeks getting technique up on my deck squats, it's now been pushed to the final progression for SLS and everything else seems super basic :( am I missing something here?

Alessandro Mainente

The new progression order is an improvement after many feedback, i coached adults and more young people and definitely the new progression it is better then before. it can manage every age.