This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question on form when it is not perfect

Started by Jeff Donahue, September 13, 2016 · 2 Replies · 100 Views

Jeff Donahue

So I am on day 2 of Foundation One, doing "Test Mastery" for SL/PE1, MN/PE1, and SLS/PE1.

SL/PE1 was not a problem.

MN/PE1 - Question on Tuck ups - I could get to 15 or so, but I know form kind of sucked (I will post videos as soon as I can figure out how to set up my phone, which doesn't stand on its own).  My toes were not always pointed, and my knees were nowhere near my chest (blame my gut for that).  I also noticed that I had issues with balancing in the tucked position.  Sometimes I would hit it and sometimes I would bring the knees up and basically fall backwards immediately.  My sets with these form issues were 15-15-15-11-9.

SLS/PE1 - Again, got through a lot of sets and reps, but form was definitely an issue.  First off, as recommended I had to use several mats.  Once the mats were in place, I did the following reps 15-15-15-12-11.  But again, form seemed off, even with mats.  My feet when I would come back up would automatically go to about shoulder width and in all the videos their feet are together.

So my question is how I should enter this in the workout.  Should I continue to enter the reps as I did them, and then just reset that workout as I drop down mats/improve form?  Should I only count ones that have good form?  For the MN/PE1 should I only count reps that I could get up into positions and hold for a second?

Just looking for some advice as to how to enter this into the "Test mastery" so that it sets my next workout correctly.

Thanks

Jeff

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Jeff,

For the deck squats, count them all as conpleted reps and when you reach 5x15r, mark the last rap incomplete to remain on that movement. At that point you will reduce the height of the mat and can manually adjust yourself back to an earlier step. We do have an update coming soon which should help with this.

For tuck-ups, only count the good reps. It's better to be on an easier step and have, or be better able to work on, immaculate form. 

I hope this helps!

Jeff Donahue

Thank you, that answers my question completely.  I ended up having some lower abdomen pain last night after working out at lunch which I think is because my ab muscles are so weak and I pushed them way too hard between the two days workouts.  I ended up putting yesterdays workout in at much lower reps than I actually completed so I can ease into the exercise and not injure myself and build up those muscles so I don't get the pain.  It ended up just putting me at level 1 for a couple of the exercises that I think were the issue, I'm okay with taking these slowly.

Thanks again for the response.

Jeff