Better late than never, right? I took my sweet time through the course and made it to step 17 in April or May, but then a baby girl joined the family, so some stuff got moved to the back burner. Luckily, some of the early habits were already ingrained well enough that as I'm trying to think of diet "before and after" examples, I'm having a really hard time.
Like most Americans, I know I used to eat a pretty carb heavy breakfast. I was also never conscious of what kind of protein I was getting at breakfast or lunch. Cereal for breakfast and a salad for lunch - I'm sure I would often go all the way until dinner without some high quality protein!
I noticed much better and faster recovery on nights where I stuck to rice, potatoes, squash. I used to feel cripplingly sore the day after I tried a new progression(and the day after that and the day after that). Now I'm just brutally sore the day after.
The scale hasn't moved much, but my better half (who didn't even really know I was on the program) noticed that I look "fitter." So I'll take that as a win in some way that I can't easily quantify.
Thanks for putting the program together and for indulging all of my questions along the way. See you next season!