I just did my first day of the front split series and I am discovering more mobility issues. I seem to have trouble just getting into the starting progression of a few movements and would like some advice.
Standing single pike - It's tough for me to get balanced in this position and use a foam roller to keep myself up. I can barely bend without rounding my back.
Seiza ( both variations - When I sit down on my legs it's impossible for me to keep my heels together. Even trying to muscle it.
Vertical lunge straight - With yoga block assistance I can get into the standard lunge position from the first movement, but the straight leg variation is not possible for me yet. Bent is the best I can manage.
Should I keep working with these the best I can or is there even simpler moves to get me going.
Thanks,
T
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Front Split Series Question(s)
Started by Trevor Somerville, September 13, 2016 · 2 Replies · 169 Views
Hi Trevor,
Standing pike can be scaled down by keeping your tucked leg's position on the wall and moving the hands away from the wall, or elevating them.
For seiza, some people have had success using a band around the ankles.
For the lunge, as high as necessary at your current level of flexibility is fine, it will get lower. No need to be in oversplits the first day ![]()
6 hours ago, Jon Douglas said:Hi Trevor,
Standing pike can be scaled down by keeping your tucked leg's position on the wall and moving the hands away from the wall, or elevating them.
For seiza, some people have had success using a band around the ankles.
For the lunge, as high as necessary at your current level of flexibility is fine, it will get lower. No need to be in oversplits the first day
Thanks Jon!
I will make the adjustments and keep moving forward ![]()