Elbow Manna/Victorian?

Started by Seiji, December 24, 2009 · 7 Replies · 2,325 Views

Seiji

I was just messing around earlier, as always, thinking "hahaha this is what a victorian looks like" while lying on the floor. I came up with a thing where you put your hands on the back of your hips and balance on your elbows (pretty hard to balance) a while back because I was bored. Then it came to me... I thought of how there's an elbow handstand, and considered the idea of an elbow victorian. Obviously, I couldn't do it anyways. But then I thought of the manna. What if I lifted my legs up and over the same way as a manna, except on my elbows? Consider the concept. I can do a "high elbow manna".

I'd put pictures up, but I don't have a camera to use right now.

Seiji

Here's a bad example of what I was talking about :P

elbowmanna.png

I can't fix the picture, sorry, I forgot how.

Seiji

I'm reviving this topic because no one got back to me on it. :D

Just do a manna on your elbows instead of your hands. It's way easier.

avivlugt

I just tried it, now I can do a v stit, but just trying that I realy feel my abs. How do you get there? :P

Seiji

You're asking how to get to a manna?

avivlugt

No, I couldn't imagine how you got there, but when I tried later on I got pretty far om my elbows. Makes you think, why is it easyer like that? And then on hands you need so long practice to be able to do a manna.

braindx
avivlugt said:
No, I couldn't imagine how you got there, but when I tried later on I got pretty far om my elbows. Makes you think, why is it easyer like that? And then on hands you need so long practice to be able to do a manna.

Bigger base and shorter arm "length" which reduces the torque on the shoulder by probably at least 8x as much.

(Yes, I pulled that number out of my #$%^)

Seiji

lol

It might be close to true though.