This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Negative Side Lever Form Check

Started by Eddie Stelling, September 12, 2016 · 3 Replies · 167 Views

Eddie Stelling

I keep feeling like my feet really want to drift behind my hands, I found the harder I contract my abs the better it feels but it is clearly still happening as shown in the videos below. Is this what it should look like and if so is my form ok on this movement, or am I doing something incorrectly? Thanks in advance for any help.

 

 

Jeffrey Bitner

Hi Eddie,

I find that I often do something similar on my side levers. Your hands may be a tiny bit skewed causing the twisting motion that you are experiencing. Try adjusting your hand placement a little bit to see if it helps.

Alessandro Mainente

Use your  hips rather then the abs, keep the butt squeezed. maybe a couple of sets of dislocates can take off any compensation due to shoulders reduced mobility.

Eddie Stelling

Squeezing the glutes was amazing advice. I had a spotter when experimenting with this, when I really squeezed the glutes he literally watched me straighten out! Thanks so much. I realized I have been slacking on squeezing the glutes on a lot of movements, and it's clearly pretty critical. Sometimes you just have to hear what you already know said out loud again. Thanks!