This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Post left Lateral meniscus tear surgery

Started by James McGuigan, September 12, 2016 · 2 Replies · 50 Views

James McGuigan

Hello! 

I had left lateral meniscus surgery, no pain before or after, on 8.18.2016.  Trying to do the Ape was difficult because I do not yet have full knee flexion.  Some of this is residual swelling/joint disruption from my surgery.  Feeling good on the knee(dancing, walking,>90 degree single leg work) however I do have not full ROM on that knee yet. Suggestions? I know slow and steady is the name of the game here.

Thanks in advance! 

James McGuigan

Everett Carroll

Hi James,

Improvements here are going to take some time. Just be patient and make sure you are allowing yourself to rest and recover enough between sessions.

Coach Sommer

Hi James,

As the knee is not yet 100%, my recommendation is to not do anything at this time that is overly stressful to the knee.  To that end, you are going to need to scale down the Ape (e.g. performing it with your glutes up on top of a foot stool etc so that you may still evaluate the mobility of your biceps and pec major/minor) or bypass it altogether for the time being until your knee feels better.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer