This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE 1 integrated mobility

Started by Kirsten Stewart, September 12, 2016 · 4 Replies · 91 Views

Kirsten Stewart

Can you guys please check this when you get a second? Thank you!

 

Eva Pelegrin

Good starting position. Don't forget to lean forward with elevated shoulders by hinging at the hips. Then retract scaps and try to pull arms behind ears as you lean and hold for 10s. Cheers.

Alessandro Mainente
5 minutes ago, Eva Pelegrin said:

Good starting position. Don't forget to lean forward with elevated shoulders by hinging at the hips. Then retract scaps and try to pull arms behind ears as you lean and hold for 10s. Cheers.

Hi Kirsten, leaning forward it is necessary in order actively engage the traps for shoulders flexion.

Referring of the post above, retraction has nothing to do with flexion . on the other side the full scapula elevation it is achieved also with serratus anterior work , this means that its contribute to flexion + elevation  promotes also protraction . 

Retraction leads to open-chest position, that is something we want to avoid.

Eva Pelegrin
3 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Retraction leads to open-chest position, that is something we want to avoid.

Good point, Alessandro. I'm not sure why I have the word "retraction" was in my notes! Gone, thank you. Maybe it's just a feeling I have when shoulders are fully elevated and maximally flexed with a shoulder-width grip, they seemed compact/squeezed together in the back. I like what you said better. Elevation, pure flexion and ribs down is what we want!

Kirsten Stewart

Thank you both so much for taking the time to explain the movement! I will give it another go. I really appreciate it!!!