I feel my hips pike when I increase my forward lean while also trying to fully protract my shoulders. Any tips are appreciated.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Kian Ostovar, September 12, 2016 · 2 Replies · 70 Views
I feel my hips pike when I increase my forward lean while also trying to fully protract my shoulders. Any tips are appreciated.
Hi Kian,
Keeping more tension in your glutes core, and legs should help you press your hips down. You do want more lean for mastery as well. Work on getting more PPT and then increase the depth of the lean.
Hi @Kian Ostovar, Everett is correct. Also try to lengthen your body forward. It will help you stop the piking. Do not roll your shoulders forward, you want to keep it pulled backwards. Always remember that if you cannot hold the position/lean then that is not yet your range of motion.