This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE6 Arch up circles - Feedback on form please!

Started by Isabelle De backer, September 12, 2016 · 5 Replies · 135 Views

Isabelle De backer

Hi All!  

I would like some feedback on sl pe6. I couldn't find what you have in the video to perform the movement. I have stall bars but not the strap used in video 2. So I did it on a gym machine that looked appropriate. 

It's not too hard at the moment meaning I think I am doing something wrong ;)

Please let me know how I can improve. To be honest i did SL/PE5 on  the same equipment which means I am maybe wrong with that one too. 

Isabelle

 

Cole Dano

You're not doing anything wrong, those are pretty good reps. The angles of the machine are what are making it easier, the closer your feet are to hip height the more difficult this element becomes.

Holding a dumbbell can help compensate for the difference.

Isabelle De backer

Thanks! That makes sense now. I will experiment with it. 

Leo Trinidad

I use the same type of machine when i was building up strength on my side lever progressions. :) 

Thank you for pointing that out @Cole Dano 

Awesome job @Isabelle De backer 

Isabelle De backer

Thanks for your insights Leo. 

 

I have now tried with a wooden box and my feet under stall bars but due to the width of the box it's a bit awkward. My legs are 90 degrees from my torso at the bottom position. It makes it way harder ;) I guess I will work on it for a while ... 

Paul McLachlan
On 12/09/2016 at 4:27 PM, Cole Dano said:

You're not doing anything wrong, those are pretty good reps. The angles of the machine are what are making it easier, the closer your feet are to hip height the more difficult this element becomes.

Holding a dumbbell can help compensate for the difference.

Thanks for that @Cole Dano.  The equipment at my usual gym has my feet pretty much parallel to my hips and they are really hard, then I did this at a different gym yesterday on equipment like this and they were super easy.  Makes sense now.