This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Daily morning limber routine

Started by Jonathan Horowitz, September 12, 2016 · 9 Replies · 609 Views

Jonathan Horowitz

When I wake up in the morning my joints let out a series of explosions, so I am looking to create a quick limbering routine I can do every morning to loosen up. Does anyone have any suggestions other than the below? I own all the stretch courses as well as F1/H1 so if there's anything from there you can use the coded designation instead of the name. 

 

Cat cows

Seal rocks

Unweighted Jefferson curls 

Table rocks

Wrist stretches from H1

Hitting a deep squat and moving around a little bit

Kneeling hip flexor stretch

Pigeon stretch

Mark Schoenhard

I hold a lot of tension in the jaw through the night.  Upon waking I immediately open jaw as wide as possible and close and repeat.  Will also jut the jaw forward and back and make big circles.  Turn the head side to side, jut forward and back and extend and flex the neck a few times and I am ready to sit up. Pulling and massaging the ears will help the bring fluid to the eyes.  Slapping and fist pounding meridian lines all over the body gets good blood flow.  Scrape the tongue and get cold water on face and hands and I am ready to make coffee.  I go through any limbering movement that comes to me while coffee is steeping. 

Jon Douglas

Cat cow. So many details I keep finding in this, especially in shoulder position.

Squats with feet together

Jeffrey Bailey

I do something similar to this. I used the Daily Limber from the Fundamentals course and added in the Reach Underneath and Supine Trap stretches from TBs, since my traps are a problem area for me. I'd also recommend putting in some Shoulder openers, like the Capsule stretch from TBs. Swivel Hips is another fav.

David Laemers

Does the fundamentals program come with a follow along video of the daily limbering routine that I can add in to my F1 workouts?

Everett Carroll

Hi David,

Yes, upon completion of Fundamnetals there is an option to add in the daily limber to your schedule. There is a follow along video for it.

Jonathan Horowitz
On September 11, 2016 at 7:55 PM, Mark Schoenhard said:

I hold a lot of tension in the jaw through the night.  Upon waking I immediately open jaw as wide as possible and close and repeat.  Will also jut the jaw forward and back and make big circles.  Turn the head side to side, jut forward and back and extend and flex the neck a few times and I am ready to sit up. Pulling and massaging the ears will help the bring fluid to the eyes.  Slapping and fist pounding meridian lines all over the body gets good blood flow.  Scrape the tongue and get cold water on face and hands and I am ready to make coffee.  I go through any limbering movement that comes to me while coffee is steeping. 

"Pulling and massaging the ears will help the bring fluid to the eyes." Just reading that made my eyes water! Thank you for the suggestions. I've started with cold showers for as long as I can stand it early in the morning after watching the Tony Robbins documentary. 

On September 12, 2016 at 1:55 AM, Jon Douglas said:

Cat cow. So many details I keep finding in this, especially in shoulder position.

Squats with feet together

Cat cow is one of my favorites. The squats are a great idea, I can hear my ankles popping already

On September 12, 2016 at 2:30 PM, Jeffrey Bailey said:

I do something similar to this. I used the Daily Limber from the Fundamentals course and added in the Reach Underneath and Supine Trap stretches from TBs, since my traps are a problem area for me. I'd also recommend putting in some Shoulder openers, like the Capsule stretch from TBs. Swivel Hips is another fav.

Swivel hips is a good idea, I meant to include that in my list above. Definitely incorporating the reach unders. I was worried about including capsule because it is such an intense stretch (I guess I could just modulate the intensity by not pressing my shoulders down as firmly). I don't have Fundamentals (I bought F1/H1 years ago before Fundamentals existed) so I guess I'm out of luck there. 

 

James Kesten
On 9/18/2016 at 7:23 PM, Everett Carroll said:

Hi David,

Yes, upon completion of Fundamnetals there is an option to add in the daily limber to your schedule. There is a follow along video for it.

Where is this option? I can't find it anywhere

Everett Carroll

Hey James,

This was a feature in the past but has been temporarily removed. We are looking at making that option available again but there is currently no ETA. 

Jennifer Marie

Besides the great suggestions already mentioned, I love the shoulder extension from the TB series so very much!

I also like rag doll (standing pike but with knees slightly bent to hit the lower back better) and couch stretch (the second from last in the front split series, with the foot up the wall to hit the quad and hip).