This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

1 hour or 30-minutes

Started by Neil Strickland, September 11, 2016 · 3 Replies · 163 Views

Neil Strickland

so far I have been doing 3 1-hour sessions a week and the 3 stretching days on my off days with some rock climbing training (mostly hang board).  I was wondering if it would be more effective for Foundations the keep it the way I have it, or to spread workout 30-minutes a days 6 days a week and alternate the rock climbing and stretching after each 30 minute session.

What advice do people have, or is this a complete non-issue and it really doesn't matter either way?

Thanks!

Everett Carroll

As long as you are recovering well, it doesn't matter Neil. 

Neil Strickland

@Everett Carroll, thanks!  I am recovering well - aside from my own personal time/schedule, is there really no difference?

Everett Carroll

Your weekly training volume should be based on your recovery abilities. More volume does always mean greater results, even at the elite level. Experimenting with different schedules and loads over time is the only way to discover how your body best responds. It is always safest to start out experimenting with low volume and then to steadily increase from there.