This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS PE1

Started by Kian Ostovar, September 11, 2016 · 4 Replies · 61 Views

Kian Ostovar

I'd appreciate feedback on both the strength and integrated mobility movements. I believe my depth on the IM is appropriate but I'm not sure if the form is where it needs to be.

Cole Dano

I'll start with the iM: You're very asymmetric, going over to the right, you let your knee fall way over to the right, try to keep your shins vertical, and have the sense that your shins remain facing forward for the entire rep. And in general, you want to get to the point that this is a smooth, fluid movement.

On the PE, You come up with knees separated and they fall together as you press up. Try to keep them from falling together.

As you progress with these, you'll be able to roll up with your knees already together, which is a bit different.

Everett Carroll

Hi Kian,

PE- Work on not allowing your knees collapse inward as you stand up.

iM- You want to begin with and keep your feet and knees totally together. Also maintain the same degree of rotation for both the ascent and descent. On the way up, you lost a lot of rotation so pick a range of motion that you can maintain for the entire time. 

Kian Ostovar

Thank you both for the tips. I tried to implement them this AM in the video below. I can tell it's going to take some time to get used to keeping my knees together on the PE. I focused on keeping my shins facing forward and knees together for the IM. Thoughts?

 

 

Everett Carroll

Both are looking better Kian. Keep working on making both exercsies smoother.