This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL / SE2 and IM

Started by Mario Blanch Solari, September 11, 2016 · 5 Replies · 125 Views

Mario Blanch Solari

Hello everyone!

I've been training the sPL/SE 2 and his coupled mobility, but i feel 2 things. The first one is related with the wrists. It seems that is very important for me a correct wrist prep, similar like the handstand program, before try to do an "advanced frog stand", is that correct? because i feel a lot of pressure in the wrists if i do it immediately after FL serie. In fact, to take away a bit of pressure i place my hands in a diagonal angle and not completely straight.

The second thing is about the elbows when you do an Advance Frog Stand, when you put your knees over the elbows or tricep actually, i feel a lot of pressure in the elbows, but it seems that when you push and protract the scapulas you take away that pressure in the elbows is that correct, is that the idea or i'm doing something wrong?

Thank you very much for your attention, and hoping to hear from you soon...

Mario Blanch S.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Mario,

well I can feel the same sensation in the planche training, during my warm up my last elements are some pulling variation. Doing them before planche makes me feel strange sensation on the wrists, basically I solved by doing a planche variation as the last warm element .

Where is precisely located the tension on the elbow? on the back? inner elbows etc?

Leo Trinidad

Hi Mario, 

I feel the same way too. Once i have pushed myself into maximum protraction then there is no more pressure in the triceps/elbows and wrists. Warm up is definitely important(not only for wrists)

Petri Widsten

I've also noticed that pulling can tighten the wrist/forearm area and makes shoulder extension harder (maybe because the pumped up muscles cause tightening?). I do my wrist, shoulder extension and flexion stretches before every HBP or sPL session.

Mario Blanch Solari

Thank you guys!!

Alessandro, i think the tension is on the back of the elbows... but happens when i place my knees over the tricep/elbow. I know is not a injury's pain.

Leo, that's perfect... i realized about that when i pushed myself up with power, protacting the scapulas... was an awesome discovery!

Petri, thanks for share your experience!

Now to keep doing my foundation practice!

Hugs to all!

Alessandro Mainente

have you tried to use a wrist support just over the tricep? it creates a bit more of comfort.