This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Basic supplements advice to tide us over to Level 2?

Started by Julien Le Nestour, September 10, 2016 · 7 Replies · 322 Views

Julien Le Nestour

@Jeff Serven Following the post by @Daniel Taylor-Shaut in the general questions forum and your suggestion to post the question in the final task forum, here's a (interested!) suggestion for your consideration.

Maybe you could post in this final forum a single topic with:

  • a few supplement recommendations that are valid for (almost) everyone and adds a big boost to the basics from Level 1
  • the supplements that may be should be best avoided before getting to Level 2 as they require either specifi timings or co-factors, quality is difficult to discern, etc...
  • no explanations needed, they will be given in Level 2. Here it's just a quick few recommendations that people will have to trust you on. Their choice if they do or not.
  • the understanding that it is a single post with no follow-ups, replies to individual questions, etc. I would even suggest locking the topic to ensure no replies are posted :-)

Basically, fleshing out a bit more the public blog post you did in Feb: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/thrive-nutritional-pyramid/ which contains great stuff like:

Quote

Vitamin D3 is a perfect example, there is a receptor site for it on every cell in the body as well as there is pretty much no disease out there that isn't effected by vitamin d. It's a cheap supplement that doesn't take a very knowledgeable customer to shop for-- unlike a probiotic or fish oil where you can almost guarantee shelf bought brands are such poor quality they probably fall into the net negative nutrient category. 

I don't think there are negatives in doing that:

  • people who completed Thrive 1 will buy Thrive 2 no matter what in my opinion as they are seeking every bit of improvement they can make, so you wouldn't lose any sales
  • posting just recommendations that are almost universally valid would not be complex to implement with few information
  • people (like myself, I told you I was biased ;-) who completed Thrive 1 a while ago would get some benefits from intelligent supplementation right away instead of having to wait for months until Level 2 is ready for release
  • if you sneak in a surprising recommendation in the topic, then it's almost guaranteed to get the few people who completed Level 1 but hesitate to buy Level 2, to actually be intrigued enough to buy Level 2 ;-)

Whether you do this or not, I hope Level 2 is released shortly! I also didn't forget I owe you a lessons learned post in this same forum, but I am still learning a few things and will get it done eventually :-)

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
3 hours ago, Julien Le Nestour said:

@Jeff Serven Following the post by @Daniel Taylor-Shaut in the general questions forum and your suggestion to post the question in the final task forum, here's a (interested!) suggestion for your consideration.

Maybe you could post in this final forum a single topic with:

  • a few supplement recommendations that are valid for (almost) everyone and adds a big boost to the basics from Level 1
  • the supplements that may be should be best avoided before getting to Level 2 as they require either specifi timings or co-factors, quality is difficult to discern, etc...
  • no explanations needed, they will be given in Level 2. Here it's just a quick few recommendations that people will have to trust you on. Their choice if they do or not.
  • the understanding that it is a single post with no follow-ups, replies to individual questions, etc. I would even suggest locking the topic to ensure no replies are posted :-)

Basically, fleshing out a bit more the public blog post you did in Feb: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/thrive-nutritional-pyramid/ which contains great stuff like:

I don't think there are negatives in doing that:

  • people who completed Thrive 1 will buy Thrive 2 no matter what in my opinion as they are seeking every bit of improvement they can make, so you wouldn't lose any sales
  • posting just recommendations that are almost universally valid would not be complex to implement with few information
  • people (like myself, I told you I was biased ;-) who completed Thrive 1 a while ago would get some benefits from intelligent supplementation right away instead of having to wait for months until Level 2 is ready for release
  • if you sneak in a surprising recommendation in the topic, then it's almost guaranteed to get the few people who completed Level 1 but hesitate to buy Level 2, to actually be intrigued enough to buy Level 2 ;-)

Whether you do this or not, I hope Level 2 is released shortly! I also didn't forget I owe you a lessons learned post in this same forum, but I am still learning a few things and will get it done eventually :-)

Thanks for this @Julien Le Nestour, I definitely second your post and request...

Jeff Serven

D3

DHA 500mg-1g - not 30g a day or any of that non sense

Mg - Don't worry about the most cutting edge form of Mg just don't get citrate. 500mg-2g a day. 2g is not a long term dose. 

Zinc - 50mg a day 1-2 weeks a month 

 

Multi vitamins are over rated. Its like using a shotgun for a sniper rifle. There is more beneficial stuff out there for specific things but this is the basic. 

Julien Le Nestour

@Jeff Serven a huge thanks for that Jeff :-)

And as promised (and hopefully followed by everyone), no follow-up questions, asking for explanations, etc. :-)

I've seen (and continue to see) a lot of benefits from structuring my nutrition according to the Thrive 1 structure and eagerly await the release of Level 2!

Briac Roquet

Any satanic rite or spiritual words before taking this to make it more efficient? :ph34r:

 

(thanks a lot!)

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
14 hours ago, Jeff Serven said:

D3

DHA 500mg-1g - not 30g a day or any of that non sense

Mg - Don't worry about the most cutting edge forum of Mg just don't get citrate. 500mg-2g a day. 2g is not a long term dose. 

Zinc - 50mg a day 1-2 weeks a month 

 

Multi vitamins are over rated. Its like using a shotgun for a sniper rifle. There is more beneficial stuff out there for specific things but this is the basic. 

Awesome. This is basically what I was looking for in my other post. I would want to know if it matters when you take these (because I read somewhere that magnesium interferes with zinc absorption) BUT, I'll save that thought for when Thrive 2 comes out.

Jeff Serven

No problem, in a post I just made I talk about testing. These are sups that you can just take you don't need to test for. B vitamins and other stuff I would take small doses of if you don't test, never underestimate how well you eat. It takes a surprisingly small amount.

Fish oil is a great example. If you need 10g a day to out run your inflammation odds are you are doing something very very wrong. Its easier to take it out and take less fish oil. 

Oussama KHELLADI

very helpful thank you all 

@Jeff Serven cant wait for thrive 2nd episode