This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thoracic Bridge - any guidance

Started by Andrew Brook-Dobson, September 10, 2016 · 3 Replies · 124 Views

Andrew Brook-Dobson

Just done Day 15 - Thoracic Mobility. This bridge feels quite comfortable and I struggle to feel a stretch, however when I look at the video, it doesn't seem as though I have much extension or arch in the Thoracic spine. What are your thoughts and how can I increase this? Btw, I am concentrating on really engaging the glutes, pushing shoulders away from my ears and rotating my chest up to the wall behind my head.

Really appreciate any guidance.

A

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Andrew, it is fine your position , probably if you tray to grab your ankle (also spreading a bit your leg) you will find that thoracic it is a bit easier to be achieved, also when grabbing the ankles you can see how your knees move past the ankles, push them back just over the ankles. 

Andrew Brook-Dobson

@Alessandro Mainente, so how about this?

Alessandro Mainente

Can you feel and see the giant difference?

Then my suggestion it is simple: perform the the exercise on a surface with a very low grip, assume the previous assisted ankle position and then take off the hands from the ankles, if your body has the tendency to slide due to the poor floor grip then you are forced to actively hold the thoracic bridge.

Remember to fully retract and depress the scapula all the time.